During the months of September through April we have a regular mid-week program on Wednesday evenings. This is a wonderful time for the church family to gather together and enjoy a meal followed by a time of singing and then various Bible studies. This year we are going to devote our mid-week adult Bible study to an exploration of "The Bride of Christ."
What is the church? Why is it so important to God's plan and purposes? How is the church supposed to engage the world? What means has God provided the church to sustain her and strengthen her? These are just a few of the questions we'll seek to address as we spend the next year exploring the doctrine of the church. Here are the five major areas our study will focus on:
- The Rooted Bride (means of grace, special emphasis on the sacraments)
- The Repentant Bride (peacemaking and conflict resolution)
- The Redemptive Bride (missions and evangelism)
- The Relevant Bride (the church in the world, church and state, mercy ministries)
- The Ready Bride (sanctification & eschatology)
We hope you'll make plans to join us each week beginning January 11.
Below is our schedule for the Winter/Spring of 2017.
5:00 PM - Family Meal (Multipurpose Building)
5:45 PM - Youth Choir (Choir Room - Sanctuary Building)
6:15 PM -
- Choir Rehearsal (Choir Room - Sanctuary Building)
- Youth Group (Youth Room - Sanctuary Building)
- Catechsim Kids (Various Rooms - Sanctuary Building)
- Men's Bible Study (Conference Room in Administration Building)
- Women's Bible Study (Room 9, Sanctuary Building)
- Adult Bible Study: The Bride of Christ (Fellowship Room)